The general role of the United States Embassy Officers in Nigeria is primarily to enforce the laws of the US Immigration in Nigeria.The United States of America has two embassies in Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja to be precise. United States Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria is the embassy in Lagos located at No 2, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos while the Abuja embassy is known as Embassy of the United States of America is situated at Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, Abuja.
The application process for adults differs from that of minors. Adults (including husbands and wives) are expected to schedule separate appointments in order to travel on their own passports. A non-refundable visa application fee must be paid at any GTBank to apply for a non-immigrant visa. After that has been done, enter the fee receipt number when making an appointment. The standard application fee for adults and children who wish to apply for tourism/business visas is a non-refundable US $ 160.on the other hand, US $ 190 is the application fee for work visas in NGN equivalent at the Consular Current Exchange Rate at GT Bank. When applying for a US immigrant visa, the rules and regulations must be followed to the latter. The following instructions must be adhered to in order to schedule an appointment.
AMERICAN EMBASSY IN NIGERIA: How To Apply And Visa Application Fee
- Go to any GTBank closest to you and pay the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee that applies to your intended visa category.
- A DS160 online visa application must be completed at http://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV. Upon completing the application, print the DS160 application confirmation page. You will need the receipt number when scheduling an appointment and you will need the confirmation page on the day of your interview.
- Go to the CGI visa appointment website for the U.S. Mission to Nigeria at ustraveldocs.com/ng (Internet Explorer or Mozilla browser required)
- Click on the green “Apply Now” button on the upper right side of the screen. There you will find detailed instructions on how to schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment. On the website itself, there is also additional information about how to pay application fees and select the appropriate visa categories.
- Use the above website to request an appointment in either Abuja or Lagos. You will be asked to indicate where you would like to apply and where you would like to pick up your travel documents should you qualify for a visa (Note: these locations must match unless you choose to pick up at the DHL location in Port Harcourt.)
- Choose an appointment date and time that is available, and fill out the required information. Enter your Surname and all your Given Names exactly as they appear in your passport. Enter your passport number exactly as it appears in your passport, with no extra spaces. Enter the DS160 (CEAC) receipt number exactly as it was given to you when you finished your application. Provide an accurate e-mail address and telephone number (so Embassy or Consulate staff can reach you in case of emergency).
PLEASE NOTE: You will only be allowed to attend your interview with the passport bearing the number entered here and if your name exactly matches the name in your passport, and with a DS160 confirmation printout that matches the DS160 application (CEAC) receipt number you used when scheduling the appointment. You may only schedule one appointment per passport number.
Applicants who arrive more than 60 minutes after their scheduled appointment will not be allowed to interview, will have to schedule a new appointment and may be required to pay a new fee. Applicants who arrive on time but without required documents (for example, DS-160 confirmation page, I-20, passport) have 60 minutes from their appointment time to return with the documents to be eligible for an interview. If they do not return within 60 minutes, they are required to schedule a new appointment and may have to pay a new fee. Applicants may reschedule using the same fee receipt after 48 hours only if they have not exceeded the schedule/cancellation limit.
It is advised that you follow the instructions carefully as well as to fill the form accurately because that is what determines whether one is given the visa or not. Wishing you all the best in your visa application process.