Getting outrageous light bill from Ikeja Electric Distribution Company (IKEDC) is already a thing of the past with the new PHCN prepaid meters being distributed and installed by the Ikeja Electric Distribution Company (IKEDC). Gone are the days of estimated bills, now you pay for what you use as we are now in the era of per second billing, great achievement though its been long overdue considering the billions of US dollars being injected into the sector by past administrators till date.
For those of you in the dark on how to get the new prepaid meter, this post would help you on the steps involved in getting one.
How to Get Ikeja Electric Distribution Company (IKEDC) Prepaid Meter
Getting the IKEDC is not a big deal, they have their offices everywhere, but simply follow the process as seen below.
- Ikeja Electric would identify and notify the customers to be metered.
- Meter forms would be given to the identified customers by Ikeja Electric’s sales representatives (ESR)
- Installation of the new prepaid Meter takes place in the customers premises.
- After Installation, the customer has to visit the Ikeja Electric Business Unit for account reconciliation and vending. This is mandatory to complete the installation process.
- All customers are to ensure that they separate their load/lines before meter installation can be carried out.
Please note that the meter forms and installation services are FREE with no cost to the customers.
Do not make any payment to any Ikeja Electric employee or sub-contracting partner for meter forms and installation services.
For further inquires you can contact them on;
Ikeja Electric Distribution Company Customer Care Line
You can reach them on the phone numbers listed below
Telephone: 01-448-3900, 0700-022-5543, 01-7000-250
Ikeja Electric Distribution Company Contact Details
They operate daily from 8am – 5.30pm (Monday – Friday)
Contact Address: Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Nigeria