Yearly, a large number of Nigerians apply for Canadian visa, whether student, tourist or business visa, but there are certain information you need to have before applying for the Canadian Visa in Nigeria,
To enter legally into Canada as a Nigerian, you must obtain a visa in accordance with the purpose of the trip. There are temporary stay visas and permanent residency visas.
CANADIAN VISA IN NIGERIA: Canadian Student Visa, Immigration & Work Visa
Visitor visa and Electronic Travel Authority
To enter Canada for short stays (less than six months) a visitor visa or an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is required.
1. The visitor visa allows a temporary stay in Canada (less than six months) and forced to return to the country of origin at the end of the set time.
2. To apply you must have sufficient funds to cover the expenses during the stay in Canada and show that they have roots to the country of origin or, what is the same, that there are reasons to return.
3. Documents real property, work cards or certificates of study are documents that allow demonstrate the roots. In addition, medical examinations for stays longer than 6 months is required.
4. The applicant must also submit a letter explaining the reasons for wanting to visit Canada. While details are offered, the more credible the document. It should say only the truth and list data that can be demonstrated.
5. If it is a family member of a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen, it is important that the application for a visitor visa include a letter of invitation accompanied by documents evidencing the legal status of the family in Canada (photocopy of the green card or Canadian) passport. Some consulates or embassies Canadian require this letter contains an official stamp by a city official who certifies that the information contained in the documents are true. It is a simple procedure that can be performed at the headquarters of the mayor of the municipality in which the family resides in Canada.
6. The visitor visa may be “one input” (allows a single entry to Canada) or “multiple entries” (allowing in and out of Canada several times while the document is in force). Both types of visas are granted for a defined period, which can be a maximum of 10 years. The duration of the immigration authorities decide according to the assessment made of the traveler profile.
7. A valid visitor visa does not guarantee admission to Canada, an immigration officer at the port of entry will decide whether the admission requirements meet the country.
8. Nationals of many countries require a visitor visa process called “Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)” to enter or transit through Canada. In fact, almost all countries of Latin America and the Caribbean require.
9. Only citizens of the following countries are exempt from visa procedures visitor: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Cyprus, Denmark, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, USA, Finland, France, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Solomon Islands, Ireland, Israel (only holders of national passports), Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico ( from December 1, 2016 ) , Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland (biometric passport holders), Portugal, United Kingdom, Republic of Korea, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Western Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Sweden and Switzerland.
Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
Also known by its acronym, ETA, “Electronic Travel Authorization” is an electronic authorization issued by the Canadian government to foreign travelers who do not require a tourist visa to enter Canadian territory.
Every foreign traveler, visitor visa exempt or sightseeing, you want to take a flight to Canada or pass through Canada to the final destination, you must obtain an electronic travel authorization.
Exceptions to this requirement, among others, US citizens and travelers with a valid Canadian visa.
As a transitional measure, Canada allowed travelers without electronic travel authorization until 29 September 2016, provided that tourists have proper travel documents such as a valid passport. After that date must be produced the respective electronic authorization to enter Canada or passing traffic.
Since March 15, 2016, citizens of more than fifty countries require the Electronic Travel Authority to enter Canada.
Electronic Travel Authorization to enter Canada costs 7 Canadian dollars and can be ordered online
- Student visa
To make formal studies at academic institutions in Canada is have required a study permit. It is not required for language courses or studies nonacademic or less than 6 months. They also require a visitor visa to enter.
- Temporary Resident Visa
Any person who will perform work activities in Canada for a certain period requires a work permit and temporary resident visa.All details are described in the section Temporary Resident Visa .
- Immigrant Visa or permanent residence visas
Canada chooses its immigrants based on their skills and work experience and the contribution they can make to the economy or to support family reunification. Canada also complies with international humanitarian agreements for refugee cases.
There are different categories of immigrants in Canada:
- Professional qualified:for those who demonstrate experience and specific training to enable them to enter the Canadian labor market as qualified professionals or specialists in a profession or trade in high demand. Several Canadian provinces have autonomy to choose their immigrants. All possible schemes are explained in the chapter Program Canadian immigration of skilled professionals .
- Temporary workers and international students:foreigners working temporarily in Canada and international students recently graduated from a university or Canadian institution may apply for permanent residence through the so – called Category by Canadian experience.
- trades workers and skilled workers:a program of special visas for skilled workers: welders, electricians, plumbers, mechanics, construction workers and others.All details in section Immigration Program for skilled labor .
- Family:for those who have close relatives living in Canada who can act as guarantors who wish to immigrate. The details of this category are developed in chapter Family reunification in Canada .
- Business:for entrepreneurs, investors and self – employed workers seeking to place capital into commercial transactions or operate your own business in Canada. Visas are granted to the profile of the capitalist and the size and model investment. Full details of these visas in section Visas for business people .
- Refugee or Asylum Seekers: For those who need protection in situations of persecution. Some seek income from their places of origin or upon arrival at a port of entry to Canada. More information about this category in section Refugees in Canada .
. Length of visas
It is very important not to stay longer than allowed, since the Canadian immigration authorities do enforce laws severely restricting the length of stay of foreign citizens in their territory.
Upon expiration of Visa, the immigrant must leave Canada immediately or seek guidance from immigration authorities to process a possible extension or renewal. Severe penalties in cases of expired visas are imposed.
I hope this tip was helpful