Hi readers, am back with a comprehensive list of the dates of birth and short biographies of the most and fairly popular Nigerian celebrities be it R&B, Hip-pop, Pop, raggae and dance hall. Trust me, this could be of a great help for reference purposes, either now or in the nearest future. They are in alphabetical order either starting with their first of last name..
Enjoy the ride…
- Salawa Abeni– Waka singer – Salawa Abeni (born May 5, 1961)
- Eedris Abdulkareem – Eedris Turayo Abdulkareem Ajenifuja, is a Nigerian hip hop and revolutionaryartist born 1974
- Sunny Ade – jùjú singer 22 September 1946 (age 69) Oshogbo, Oyo State, Nigeria
- Sade Adu – Helen Folasade Adu, OBE(Yoruba: Fọláṣadé Adú; born 16 January 1959)
- Afro Candy – pop singer (born 12 July 1971), commonly known by herstage name Afro Candy (also spelled Afrocandy), is a Nigerian film actress, director, producer, singer-songwriter, model and pornographic actress. She is the founder and CEO of Invisible Twins Productions LLC
- Tope Alabi- Born 27 October 1970 in Ogun Alabi was formerly a member of the Jesters International comedy group. She later worked with other popular travelling and stage theater groups in both Ibadan and Lagos. She made films in the Yoruba film genre of Nigeria. Alabi later metamorphosed into gospel music after she became a born-again Christian
- Yemi Alade – R&B and pop singer Yemi Eberechi Alade (born 13 March 1989), simply known as Yemi Alade, is a Nigerian afropop She came into the limelight after winning the Peak Talent Show in 2009, and is best known for her hit single “Johnny
- Tony Allen: Tony Oladipo Allen(born 1940 in Lagos, Nigeria) is a Nigerian drummer, composer and songwriter who currently lives and works in Paris
- Adekunle Gold– singer-songwriter popularly known by his stage name Adekunle Gold, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and graphic designer He is the son of Nigeria’s popular Yoruba actor Jide Kosoko
- Eva Alordiah – rapper and singer Elohor Eva Alordiah (born 13 August 1989),better known as Eva Alordiah or simply Eva, is a Nigerian rapper, entertainer, make-up artist, fashion designer and entrepreneur.
- Aṣa– R&B, country and pop singer-songwriter Born September 17 1982 Born Bukola Elemide, Aṣa was born in Paris, France to her Nigerian Her family returned to live in Nigeria when she was two. Aṣa grew up in in a small town near Lagos, in the south-western part of Nigeria. Twenty years later, Aṣa returned to Paris where her life as an artist took off.
- Yinka Ayefele – gospel singer born in 1968 Ayefele was born in Ondo State, southwestern Nigeria but hails from Ipoti, a city in Ekiti State southwestern Nigeria
- Adewale Ayuba popularly known as Ayuba, Mr. Johnson and the Bonsue-fuji maestro was born May 6, 1966 in Ikenne Remo,Ogun State Nigeria
- Ayinde Bakare : He was born in Lagos, began performing around 1935, and first recorded on the HMV label in 1937.
- Banky W– pop and R&B singer-songwriter Olubankole Wellington (born 27 March 1981 Wellington was born in the United States to Nigerian parents, but the family moved back to Lagos Nigeria when he was five years old where he began singing in his church choir at the age of 8
- Adé Bantu: Adegoke Odukoya, better known as Adé Bantu (born 13 July 1971 in Wembley, London), is a Nigerian-German musician, producer and activist
- Korede Bello – hip-hop, pop and R&B singer/instrumentalist Korede Bello (born 29 February 1996) is a Nigerian singer and songwriter currently signed to Mavin Records. He is best known for his hit single “Godwin”, a semi-gospel and pop song which topped many music charts in Nigeria
- Brymo: Olawale Ashimi(born 9 May 1986), who performs under the stage name Brymo is an ambassador for lagos chamber of commerce
- Burna Boy – reggae-dancehall musician Burna Boy was born on 2 July 1991 to Mr. and Mrs. Ogulu. He grew up in Ahoada, Rivers State, and later relocated to Lagos State. He attended Montessori International School, and later attended Corona, Agbara for his secondary school in Lagos
- Chidinma – pop singer Chidinma Ekile (born 2 May 1991), popularly known by her stage nameChidinma, is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, recording artist and stage performer. In 2010, she rose to stardom after winning the third season of MTN Project Fame West Africa
- D’banj– pop singer Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo (popularly known as D’banj, born 9 June 1981) is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, harmonica player, and businessman.
- D’PRINCE– Afro-pop singer D’Prince was born to Collins Enebeli, a Business man and a musical production manager and the founder of the record label Sagitarious Productions and Patience Enebeli an international Business tycoon and he is the younger brother of music mogul and CEO of Mavin Records, Don Jazzy.
- Da Grin – rapper Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun, also known as Dagrin (21 October 1987 – 22 April 2010), was an award winning Nigerian rapper from Ogun, Nigeria
- IK. Dairo: Isaiah Kehinde Dairo(1930) MBE 1930–1996 was a notable Nigerian Jùjú musician.
- Stella Damasus– R&B and soul singer Stella Damasus born April 24, 1978 is a Nigerian actress and singer. She was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2009
- Davido – pop singer David Adedeji Adeleke (born November 21, 1992), better known by hisstage name Davido, is an American-born Nigerian recording artist, performer and record producer
- Yinka Davies – jazz singer Yinka Davies (born July 16, 1970) is a Nigerian vocalist, dancer, lyricist and judge of reality show, Nigerian Idol. Yinka has been in the Nigerian entertainment industry for 28 years.
- Oliver De Coque : Chief Dr. Oliver Sunday Akanite, Popularly referred to as Oliver De Coque(April 14, 1947 – June 21, 2008) was a Nigerian highlife musician and guitarist, he recorded more than 73 albums to his credit making him the most popular Hilife king of Africa
- Safin De Coque– rapper and hip hop artist Safin De Coque is the Son of the Nigerian Highlife Legend Late Chief Oliver De Coque, born oct 26 1982.
- Di’Ja: Currently signed to Mavin records, has lived in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, theUnited Statesand Canada. Her mother is fromNorthern Nigeria and her father is from Sierra Leone. Credible sources confirmed Dija is in her early 30s that is between 30 and 35yrs old.
- Tonto Dikeh – pop singer Tonto Charity Dikeh-Churchil, also known as Tonto Dike (born 9 June 1985), is a Nigerian actress and singer from Rivers State and is of the Ikwerre tribe.
- Don Jazzy – recording artist and record producer Michael Collins Ajereh (born 26 November 1982), better known as Don Jazzy, is a Nigerian multi award-winning record producer, singer-songwriter, musician, former CEO of Mo’ Hits Records and current CEO of Mavin Records. Born in Umuahia in Abia state, Alongside his friend and partner they created the Mohits record label.
- Alban : Alban Uzoma Nwapa(born 26 August 1957), known by his stage name Dr. Alban, is a Nigerian-born Swedish musician and producer with his own record label dr-records.[
- Dr SID – pop singer Sidney Onoriode Esiri (born 1 May 1980 in Ikeja, Lagos state, Nigeria), known commonly as, Dr SID is a Nigerian singer-songwriter and dentist, who is a descent of Delta state raised in Lagos.
- Duncan Mighty– reggae singer Duncan Wene Mighty Okechukwu (born 28 October 1983), simply known as Duncan Mighty, is a Nigerian musician, singer, and music producer from Obio-Akpor, Rivers State.
- Frank Edwards – gospel singer Frank Ugochukwu Edwards (born July 22, 1990), simply known as Frank Edwards, is a Nigerian contemporary Christian singer-songwriter and recording artist from Enugu, Enugu State.He is the founder and owner of record label Rocktown Records
- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde – R&B and pop singer Omotola Jalade Ekeinde (oh – m oh – t oh – l ah, born Omotola Jalade; 7 February 1978) is a Nigerian actress, singer, philanthropist and former model of an Ondo descent from Lagos, Nigeria. Since her Nollywood film debut in 1995, the leading actress has appeared in 300 films, selling millions of video copies. After receiving numerous high-profile awards, launching a music career, and amassing an enviable fan base, the press has revered the Screen Nation ‘Best Actress’ as The “African Magic“. She is the first African celebrity to receive over 1 million likes on her Facebook page.
- eLDee – Lanre Dabiri, (born May 23, 1977) better known by his stage name Eldee, stylized as eLDee, is a Nigerian rapper, record producer and architect.
- Falz The Bad Guy – Folarin Falana son of popular Lagos based Lawyer Femi Falana was born October 27, 1990 in Lagos, Nigeria, better known by his stage name Falz the bad guy is a Nigerian rapper.
- Flavour N’abania – highlife and hip hop singer Chinedu Okoli (born 23 November 1983) He began his musical career as a drummer for a local church in his hometown of Enugu State. Flavour is popularly known across Africa and the world for his hit song “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”. He is currently signed to 2nite Entertainment
- Harrysong — singer and songwriter Harrison Tare Okiri (born March 30, 1981), better known by his stage nameHarrysong, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and instrumentalist who rose to fame after his tribute song to Nelson Mandela won the “Most Downloaded Callertune Award” at The Headies 2013.
- Ice Prince – The Chocolate City rapper Panshak Zamani (born 23 October 1986), better known by his stage name Ice Prince, is a Nigerian hip hop recording artist and actor too, surprised??
- Haruna Ishola Haruna Ishola Bello(1919–1983) was a Nigerian musician, and one of the most popular artistes in the apala
- Iyanya- pop singer Iyanya Onoyom Mbuk (born 31 October 1986), known by his mononymIyanya, is a Nigerian recording artist and performer. He is best known for winning the 2008 MTN Project Fame West Africa as well as for his song “Kukere
- Jesse Jagz– rapper Jesse Garba Abaga (born 10 August 1984), popularly known as Jesse Jagz, is a Nigerian rapper, singer, producer and songwriter. In April 2015, he re-signed with Chocolate City after leaving the label in May 2012 to establish his own imprint known as Jagz Nation
- JJC and 419 Squad : JJC(short for Johnny Just Come; Nigerian slang for a recent arrival, especially naïve newcomers – see example of JJC usage at the forum of Nigerian Village Square) is the stage name for Abdul Rasheed Bello, aNigerian rapper and record producer. He was born on 4 April 1977 in Kano,Nigeria, but has been based in London since 1991
- Tamara Jones- R&B singer-songwriter Tamara Eteimo (born 24 July 1987), also known by her stage name Tamara Jones, is a Nigerian R&B singer-songwriter and actress. She won the 7th edition of the Next Movie Star reality show
- Kcee Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo(born 18, April 1979), better known as Kcee(sometimes stylised as KCee), is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He was formally in the Hip Hop duo group called Kc Presh’s
- Fela Kuti- afrobeat, jazz singer-songwriter and instrumentalist Fela Kuti (born Olufela Olusegun Oludotun Ransome-Kuti; 15 October 1938 – 2 August 1997), also known as Fela Anikulapo Kuti or simply Fela, was a Nigerian multi-instrumentalist, musician, composer, pioneer of the Afrobeat music genre, human rights activist, and political maverick
- Femi Kuti- afrobeat, jazz singer-songwriter and instrumentalist Olufela Olufemi Anikulapo Kuti (born 16 June 1962), popularly known as Femi Kuti, is a Nigerian musician, born in London and raised in Lagos. He is the eldest son of afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti
4 thoughts on “DATES OF BIRTH, SHORT BIOGRAPHIES AND REAL NAMES OF NIGERIAN CELEBRITIES.”
hw old are you
What is Adekunle Gold birthday date
Are you sure abt di ja
Are you sure abt di ja