The world has gone cashless, so is everything around it and DSTV is not left behind, Africa’s biggest digital satellite pay TV has long embraced online technology in its payment system,Gone are the days where people queued up at various DSTV offices to make payment for DSTV subscription. All you need do, is to sit at the comfort of wherever you deem fit, get an internet connected device and make your DSTV subscription online.
Even though the digital satellite pay TV has been around for ages and to an extent been trusted, with varieties of bouquets to choose from, getting disconnected is not an option but we cannot be too quick to forget how crappy their network can become most especially when its raining or the cloud gets foggy, the fact remains that they have not had a strong competitor that is why we are made to live with what is on ground pending when a strong satellite TV breaks their monopoly in this sector. Am i going off track? without digressing, I will put you through the different methods of paying for your DSTV subscription online and offline.
HOW TO PAY YOUR DSTV SUBSCRIPTION ONLINE
There are different ways of paying for your subscription online in Nigeria, i carefully explained them for your understanding.
- Using the Quickteller method
- Kongapay method
- Global Pay
- Pay U (MIG S)
- DSTV Website
1. How to Use Quickteller To Pay Your DSTV Subscription Online
QuickTeller allows DStv customers to pay for their subscriptions online. This platform interfaces with the integrated billing system (IBS) and gives the subscriber immediate values that prompt an automatic re-connection of the disconnected service within 5 minutes.
To pay your DStv subscription online:
- Switch your decoder on if your account has already been disconnected.
- Log on to www.quickteller.com/dstv and elect the DStv bouquet of your choice.
- Enter your e-mail address, smartcard number, and enter your mobile phone number.
- Click NEXT.
- Enter the DStv subscriber’s name and confirm that your smartcard number was filled correctly.
- Click PAY and click on your debit card type i.e. Interswitch, Verve or MasterCard.
- Enter your card details i.e. Card Number and Expiry Date as inscribed on your debit card, and then enter your 4 digit PIN.
- Click PAY once, the transaction has been completed and your DStv account is credited, your viewing will be restored.
2. How To Use KongaPay In Paying For DSTV Monthly Subscription
‘To make payments for your DStv subscription using KongaPay, visit konkgapay.com or download the app ( available for Android and iOS devices) and then register or log in to your account.
Go to services and bills and select TV subscription, select DStv as the subscription type and input your smart card number.
Your details as well as current bouquet plan are automatically pre-populated on the screen. To change current plan select the bouquet drop-down menu and select appropriately.
Select *Auto-renew every month* to authorize DStv to automatically bill and renew your subscription every month.
Select *Pay* and input your KongaPay pin and OTP sent to your phone.Select confirm, the transaction has been completed and your DStv account is activated.
3. How To Use eTranzact In Paying For DSTV Monthly Subscription
The eTranzact BankIT solution allows you to pay for your subscription, directly from your bank account, online and on mobile.
To pay on mobile:
- Simply dial *389*9*smartcardnumber# then follow the prompts.
4. Pay Online Using The DSTV Website
- Select Country, input specific Smart card number and click on VERIFY button.
- Click VIEW BALANCE AND PAY to proceed to the payment summary page showing date and amount due for payment.
- Click PAY to proceed to the Payment Subscription page showing Account Holder’s details.
- Select eTranzact Payment Option and select BankIT.
- Input Bank account number and select preferred Bank.
- Generate a 6-digit passcode and submit details
- Dial *389*00# with phone number registered with the nominated Bank to receive an OTP.
- Input the OTP in the space provided and click PAY.
A Payment Response stating the details of the transaction is then received, indicating successful payment.
Thank you for choosing eTranzact!
5. How To Use GlobalPAY In Paying For DSTV Monthly Subscription
To make an online payment for your DStv subscription using via GlobalPAY, visit eazy.dstv.com and then log into your account.
Go to the PAY page and select GlobalPAY and then fill in your payment details including your First Name; Last Name, e-mail Address; Mobile Number, Customer Number and Smartcard Number and then click on Complete Payment GlobalPAY.com.
You will be redirected to the GlobalPAY website where you will be prompted to select your Card Type and then enter your Card Number and then click on Pay.
You will redirected back to your account on the DStv Eazy website
6. How To Pay For DSTV Subscription Using U (MIG s)
Pay U allows you to pay using your VISA and MasterCard online (eazy.dstv.com/pay). Simply, enter the cardholders’ number, card number, CVV number and expiry date as displayed on your VISA and MasterCard card.
7. Pay For DSTV Subscription Using Mobile Money
Mobile payment, also referred to as mobile money, mobile money transfer, and mobile wallet generally refer to payment services operated under financial regulation and performed from or via a mobile device (Wikipedia definition) . Mobile money is a new and alternative method of online payment. Its just a phone away, literally. Some mobile money services like GTPay, eTransact, etc are also reliable methods.