The advent of mobile banking applications on smartphones is one of the features that make the phones ‘smart’. Each and every functional bank in Nigeria has banking applications running fully on the two major Smartphone platforms – iOS and Android. The fact that everything is going online simply means banks can easily blow competition out of the water with the offer of mobile banking.
There was always internet/online banking ever before there was mobile banking. The fact remains that on a daily basis, more people carry out the larger chunk of their internet surfing on their mobile devices. This apparently calls for the need for financial institutions to marry IT firms in to provide an easy flow from web to mobile.
GTB Mobile Application
In this post, we would be providing you with the necessary information needed to efficiently use the GTB Mobile Application. But before then, let’s quickly take a look at the mobile applications of Guarantee Trust Bank (GTBank). GTBank is not only considered as one of the most innovative banks in Nigeria and Africa, it has also won quite a number of awards as a result. As a matter of fact, GTBank is one of the earliest banks to debut mobile banking on smartphones, and Mobile wallet on general mobile devices.
While some banks have two or three applications, serving various banking purposes, GTBank’ singular app – GTmobile serves like a pouch or a mini hub, where you can conveniently carry out virtually all your transactions (with much emphasis laid on ‘ALL’).
GTBank’s mobile banking application for android and iPhone allows customers with an account with the bank enjoy a seamless and smooth transaction portal that may see that they have no need to step foot in the bank all year round. The banking app, once installed becomes your own personal and confidential teller that attends to only you, and no one else.
The structures of the android and iPhone GTBank Mobile apps are basically the same, with their platforms, the major difference.
Benefits/Merits of GTBank Mobile Applications:
There are a number of things every GTBank account holder should be grateful for about the mobile app, and I’ll do you the favour of mentioning a few of those:
- The mobile app allows you view your account balance on the go.
- You can preview your transaction history and manage your account.
- You can pay quite a number of bills from the app, which include internet subscriptions, Cable TV bills (MyTV, DSTV, GOtv, StarTimes, and so on), Electricity bills, and so on.
- You can also fund your e-commerce wallet straight from your mobile app.
- From the app, you can initiate transfers to own account(s) and also transfer to other bank accounts (both GTBank account holders and other banks).
- Hot-list card and manage your debit/credit card
- You can make some changes to your account, like your email address, phone number and other details.
- You can confirm and manage your cheques.
- You can pay visa fees and flight tickets.
- You can pay school fees straight from your mobile app (provided your school is pre-registered with GTBank).
GTBank Mobile Application for Adnroid and iPhone allows you seamlessly switch from Mobile banking to Mobile Wallet (better referred to as ‘mWallet’). The Mobile Wallet offers user an option to simply transfer money to family and friends in quick time and it can also be used to make payments.
With the mWallet, your account number (Wallet ID) is always your registered phone number. Why there are more mWallet users than there are GTBank account holders is because you don’t necessarily have to own an account with GTBank to enjoy their mWallet service; although, the service is restricted to mobile devices.
How to Register And Download GTBank Mobile App
Please note that before you can successfully use GTBank’s Mobile app you need to have pre-registered for their internet/online banking. The reason is because the same number issued to you at the point of registration is the same number you would use as your username on the GTB Mobile Banking app. The same password also works for both the internet banking and the GTB Mobile app login.
If you ever forget your password, simply click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link beneath the login form. With that out of the way, let’s proceed.
- Visit your mobile device’s App store Google Playstore for Android and Apple store for iOS).
- Search for ‘GTBank’ and click on the ‘download/install’ button.
- Launch the App and input your User ID and password.
- You can then easily navigate around the options on the left hand panel of the app.
It is important to always use your personal mobile device for sensitive activities like your mobile banking.
- You will be required at your first time of using the app to verify it’s you preferred device. (Choose ‘Yes’ if it’s your device and choose ‘No’ if the device belongs to someone else).
- You would also need to select the transaction verification mode. Select ‘TOKEN’ if you have an internet transaction token, or select ‘PIN’ if you want to use one time generated verification numbers. As a matter of fact, both are equally secure or token).
- For the final verification, a 5-digit secure code will be sent via SMS to the number you registered with your account. Enter the code, and you’re good to go!
Please note that your banking apps are some the most vital apps on your mobile device and to keep you secure, GTBank mobile app automatically times out after over a minute of inactivity.
Also, you can tender your complaints and get help by simply clicking on links, beneath the app’s login form.
From the post abpve, you should be able to see the immense need for having the GTBank Mobile application for both your android and iPhone devices.