The vast population of Nigerians offers a huge market for entrepreneurs to sell their goods and services. Nigeria is currently a fertile ground in terms of business due to the fact that most of Nigeria’s finished products are brought in from abroad. There is thus the opportunity to be able start your own business and be able to sell and make profit from it. Furthermore, the large population of unemployed youths in Nigeria also offers a lot of human resources whom you could employ to help your business to grow.
The major challenges for entrepreneurs in Nigeria include capital and electricity. In terms of electricity, it is possible to get generators to serve you. Running a generator is more expensive than getting power from PHCN and other power companies. You should therefore incorporate your expenses on generator and fuel into the price of the goods and services you offer.
In terms of capital, there are a lot of businesses opportunities in Nigeria you could start with little or no capital. For some, it is possible to source for some funds through freelancing on those jobs. It is also possible to apply for loan from the government.
SMALL SCALE BUSINESS ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (SMEs)
- Affiliate and email marketing
- Ambulance and mortuary services
- Ankara accessories, beads and wireworks
- Gas Cylinder Sales
- LNG sales (Cylinder to Cylinders Sales)
- Car Wash
DON’T MISS: COMPREHENSIVE PLAN ON HOW TO START A DRY CLEANING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
- Laundry/Dry Cleaning Business
- Catering services to establishments and organizations such as schools and government offices
- Computer and accessories sales and repairs
- Computer training
- Decoration, cake baking and events planning
- Developing android games
- Domain name flipping and website
- Farming of layers and broiler
- Fish farming business
- Frozen food and ice block business
- Graduates and corpers skills empowerment centres
- Haulage business
- Hired purchase of tricycles (popularly called keke napep) and bikes
- Liquid soap and body cream production
- Making of paint
- Pig farm business
- Printing business and graphic design
- Private home lessons and tutorial centres
- Processing of cotton, rubber, cassava, palm oil, rice and maize amongst others
- Producing of disinfectants
- Production of custard
- Rental Service business
- Replacement of sim card services
- Reselling of recharge cards
- Reselling of your services on Fiverr.
- Sales and breeding of dogs
- Sales and repairs of mobile phones
- Sales and/or production of cement
- Sales of livestock feed
- Selling of cbt software and past exam questions
- SEO, article writing and bulk SMS services
- Setting up blogs and customization services
- Snail farming business
- Starting a barbing salon or a female salon
- Trading of forex
- Vegetable cultivation
- Veterinary or pet shop
- Web and mobile applications
While some of these Business/Investments Opportunities In Nigeria of course require having pre-requisite knowledge of the business, there should be at least one that you already know how to do. You could take advantage of that particular one and use the little funds you have on you to start it. In the very rare case that you have no dime on you, you could tell your friends and encourage them to tell your friends too that you offer a particular service.
A lot of individuals already have the tool you need for the job such as laptops for example or clippers and are looking for people to deliver home service for them. Once you have 1 or 2 of these types of people and you are able to deliver a good job, you are most likely going to get recommendations from them. In no time you would see yourself being so busy that you would need an assistant, a shop and before you know, you might start considering opening 1 or 2 branches around town or even in different states.
What is required of you is just to put in an effort and start a business today with what you have even if it’s only your skill. It is also advisable that you start a business based on your passion. You would have a double advantage of catching fun doing what to do and getting paid for it.