It is stale news that UNILAG does not… rather, cannot provide enough accommodation for all the students of the university; hence the need for a random system of hostel and bed space allocation. The system used by the management of the school is known as BALLOTING.
The balloting process comes up at various times of the year, for various categories of students who are all vying for a hall space just for the comfort of it being cheaper and the better option to staying off campus, looking for an apartment, to rent for the duration of your study years in the school.
Getting the perfect accommodation requires you put your hears to the ground and constantly check the online balloting space – www.unilaghalls.com. You already know the meaning of “Balloting” and you already have it at the back of your mind that it is a game of chance. You might end up getting the allocation or you might not; depending on how (un)lucky you are, and how good your internet connection is.
Depending on your application level (Undergraduate or Post Graduate), the site – www.unilaghalls.com opens usually between 10AM of the balloting day and closes around four to five hours later.
How to Apply for Accommodation for UNILAG Hall Accommodation:
- Log on to www.unilaghalls.com
- Log in with your username (your username could be your JAMB registration number or your Matriculation number).
- Click on the “Login” button to access the allocation portal.
- Click on the allocation link to check for allocation.
- Click on the button GET A SPACE NOW to apply for bed space.
- After the balloting process, the system will notify you if your application was successful or not.
Read the guidelines below and adhere strictly to them for your own good. The guidelines are as published by The Dean of Students Affairs (DSA).
- The accommodation exercise is strictly an online distribution and allocation of bed spaces.
- Students should note that there are limited bed spaces due to increase in the number of students.
- Allocation of bed spaces will be on the basis of first come first served
- All freshers shall be distributed into permanent Halls of Residence (HoR). Thereafter they will ballot for bed spaces on the basis of their assigned HoR.
- Students with medical challenges (physically challenged inclusive) should register at the Medical Centre; otherwise their cases will not be treated by the Students Affairs Division.
- No sales of scratch cards for accommodation. Students are advised to log on directly to www.unilaghalls.com for allocation of bed spaces using matriculation number or jamb registration number as the case is applicable
- Students should strictly abide by the time table for allocation of bed spaces for each category.
- Illegal sales or purchase of bed spaces attracts rustication for two (2) semesters; any student caught will be disciplined accordingly, so beware!!!
- Students must pay their accommodation fee within 3-working days after allocation of bed space, else the bed space stands forfeited
- Deriving from nine (9) above, another round of balloting will be carried out to give opportunity to students who did not succeed in the earlier ballot.
- Complaints should be channelled through the online help desk for accommodation. All complaints shall be attended to promptly. No students and staff are allowed to gather in or outside the Students Affairs Office.
- Re-assignment of HoR based on choice will not be entertained; students with such request shall forfeit his/her allocation.
- Under no circumstances should any bed space/room not officially assigned be occupied by any student.
- Students penalised for any form of social and academic misconduct are not eligible for accommodation.
- Biological form for staff child(ren) has been uploaded online, members of staff are expected to fill, print, sign and submit at the Student Affairs Division (attach copy of birth certificate and last course registration form of the session). Other necessary information will be posted on the University Website and in the Information Flash.
- All students resident in the HoR shall be issued identification pass/cards, which must be produced on demand at any point in time.
- All students are requested to avail themselves of information on accommodation through the Unilag Website, Lagmobile and the Information Flash.
- The date for balloting of bed space for freshers comes up around December, while that of final year and other levels will commence around January.