The University of Ibadan, stylishly called UI is the nation’s prestigious premier University, with state of the art facilities and ranks among the best universities in Nigeria and if you wish to be a part of this institution as an undergraduate or masters degree level, you must be able to meet up to their admission requirements.
The University of Ibadan requirement process is not so different from other tertiary institutions, for you to gain admission; you must without compromise meet up their requirements which in the process of going through this post, you would see what you are required of the school.
In addition to the subject combinations for each department as advertised in the JAMB brochure, please note the following
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN ACCEPTS FIVE CREDITS AT ONLY ONE SITTING IN THE FOLLOWING FACULTIES
- College of Medicine
a. Basic Medical Sciences
b. Clinical Sciences
d. Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Vetenary Medicine
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN REQUIREMENTS: 2016 AND 2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
Here, candidates must have five credits at one sitting or six credits at two sittings in the following faculties as prerequisite to gain admission plus at least 200points in JAMB.
See the list of courses offered in the University of Ibadan
1. Agriculture and Forestry
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension & Rural Development
- Animal Science
- Crop Protection and Environmental Biology
- Forest Resources Management
- Teaching and Research Farming
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Wildlife and Ecotourism Management
See lists of departments and courses under faculty of Arts offered in the University of Ibadan below
- Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Communication and Language Arts
- European Studies
- Linguistics and African Language
- Religious Studies
- Theatre Arts
3. Archaeology and Anthropology
- Computer Science
- Adult Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Library Archival & Information Studies
- Special Education
- Social Work
- Teacher Education
- Centre for Educational Media Resources Studies
- Educational Studies
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Social works
6. Vetenary Medicine
- Vetenary Pathology
- Vetenary Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology
- Vetenary Anatomy
- Vetenary Medicine
- Vetenary Microbiology and Parisitology
- Vetenary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Vetenary Surgery and Reproduction
- Vetenary Teaching Hospital
The students under this faculty refer themselves as Techites. This is the engineering faculty of the institution, here the University of Ibadan admission requirement still remains the same with other faculties, below are the courses offered at the faculty of Technology in UI
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
- Food Technology
- Industrial and Coordinating Centre
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Technical Support Unit
8. Social Sciences
The faculty of social sciences has the following departments and courses under it as seen below, the admission requirements here remains the same as others.
- Urban and Regional Planning
The University of Ibadan Admission Requirements
- The minimum ‘O’ level requirements are five (5) credits at one sitting in the relevant subjects and six(6) credits at two sittings.
- Possession of a credit pass in English Language is a compulsory requirement for all courses, while credit pass is required in Mathematics for all science based courses and Economics.
- Original copy of birth certificate or age declaration
- Recent passport photographs, it is advisable you carry as many as you can, either white or red background passport photograph
- The Admissions Office coordinates the entire activities of the Admission Process yearly, which starts off with publicity on the University website, Official Bulletin and some well read National Dailies on the commencement of the Admission Process, to collating the entries received from applicants who upload their credentials on-line.
- The submissions are cropped and processed in line with the laid down guidelines, after which the names of the successful candidates at the Admission Post-UTME Tests are processed to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Abuja, for approval.
[Candidates should please note that it is only when an ‘O’ level result is deficient for a course of choice, that another result may be presented to compliment the deficient one. Candidates presenting two ‘O’ level results (2 Sittings) should ensure that, the comprehensive details of both results are submitted.]
As part of University of Ibadan admission requirements to qualify for admission into the institution, apart from fulfilling the requirements of JAMB, candidates are expected to satisfy the minimum secondary school certificate ‘O’ level requirements. Acceptable ‘O’ level results are the ones conducted by: – National Examinations Council (NECO), West African Examination Council (WAEC), GCE London moderated ‘O’ level and University of Cambridge moderated ‘O’ level.
For further clarification as regards the university of Ibadan admission requirements, call or send an email to the contact details by visiting their website.