The University of Nigeria Nsukka parades itself as the nation’s … One thing they ar known for is the speed in their academic session. I remember having a friend who while i was in the University of Benin, she was in University of Nigeria Nsukka and believe you me, it took her barely 3 years to complete a 4 year course.
Many Nigerian graduates (B.Sc and HND holders) without strong financial base to go study abroad are now opting for master’s degree in various courses in our domestic universities, one of which is University of Nigeria Nsukka. If you are reading this post, it i assumed you are interested in enrolling for masters degree or post graduate programme in the above institution, therefore I will be putting you through on how to apply and their admission requirements, which are clearly defined below as requested by the University.
University of Nigeria Nsukka: Post Graduate, Masters Degree And Ph.D Requirements
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities.
- Holders of credit (Upper credit) level passes at HND or its equivalent in relevant areas (for programmes in the Faculties of Agriculture; Business Administration; in the Departments of Political Science; Public Administration & Local Government; and Vocational Teacher Education.); and for Postgraduate Diploma in Electoral Administration Programme and Public Administration & Local Government; and Department of Vocational Teacher Education).
- Qualifications such as: A.I.B., ACCA., ACMA., ICAN., BEEC., C.P.A., etc may also be considered for admission.
- Candidates with professional qualifications including HND must have obtained 5 credits in WASC or GCE O/L including English and Mathematics for admission for degree courses in Business Administration. For Postgraduate Diploma in Architecture, as well as Geoinformatics and Surveying in particular, candidates with third class honours degrees in their respective disciplines are also eligible. For Postgraduate Diploma in Geoinformatics and Surveying in particular, candidates with third class 12 honours degrees in Geography, Geology and other Physical Sciences, as well as HND Upper Credit level passes in related fields, are also eligible.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies, and Senate of the University.
- Please note that in all cases, candidates should possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies. For the PGD in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Architecture, only candidates with University degrees in relevant areas need apply.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka: Master’s Degree Requirements
The following shall qualify for Masters Degree admission: Graduates of the University of Nigeria or of other recognized Universities who have obtained the degree of Bachelor in the relevant disciplines with at least a good second class honours.
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the University of Nigeria with at least credit level passes.
- Candidates whose first degrees are unclassified but have scores of 50% or above.
- For M.Ed degree, candidates with at least, a good second class single honours degree in teaching subjects plus at least a merit level pass at Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or those who hold a third class honours degree in Education or a single honors degree in teaching subjects with at least 5 years postgraduate teaching experience, plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education passed at Merit level or above.
- For MPA, candidates should, in addition to (1) and (2) above, be serving administrative/managerial staff in the Public or Private sector with a minimum of two years post-qualification cognate experience.
- Holders of professional Fellowship qualifications such a FIMLT, FNILT, NIPR, or their equivalents obtained through examination. Candidates with the professional certificates listed above must have worked as Senior Technologist (s) or in equivalent position(s) for at least three years.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than those listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka: Doctorate Degree (Ph.D) Requirements
- Candidates of the University of Nigeria or of other recognized Universities who have obtained the Masters degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study with a minimum of 3.50 grade point average on a 5-point scale or â€˜Bâ€™ average provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the Masters degree programme.
- Demonstrated evidence of completed academic research will be an advantage.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka: Master’s/Ph.D Programme Requirements
- A candidate with first class honours or second class honours (Upper Division) from a recognized University may be admitted into a Masters/Ph.D programme.
- A candidate with Masterâ€™s degree from the University with a grade point average of 3.50 on 5-point or 3.00 on 4-point scale shall qualify for the Master/Ph.D or Ph.D.
The University of Nigeria Nsukka post graduates, masters degree and Ph.D requirements, you would agree with me that the institution is the right choice for your dream course.